Dr. Rajiv Karnik
MD (Med), DM (Cardiology), FCSAI (USA)
Practicing Since: 1984
Dr. Rajiv Karnik is a veteran cardiologist with three decades of experience in India and abroad. He currently has consulting rooms in Mulund, Mumbai with an attached non-invasive cardiac lab. He also performs cardiac catheterization interventions at the Fortis Hospital in Mulund.
In the past, Dr. Karnik has served at a wide range of hospitals, including as a visiting clinician at Mayo Clinic in Rochester, USA, and as Honorary Registrar at Freeman Hospital, University of Newcastle-upon-Tyne, UK.
A first-ranker and multiple gold medallist throughout his undergraduate and postgraduate medical studies, Dr. Karnik has over the years utilized his knowledge and skills to treat innumerable patients at Bombay Hospital, SR Mehta Cardiac Institute, and Asian Heart Institute in Mumbai.
- Member, Cardiological Society of India
- Member, Association of Physicians of India
- Member, American College of Cardiology
- Member, European Society of Cardiology
- Rashtriya Ratna Award.2002
- Commonwealth Scholarship for higher training in Cardiology: Univeristy of Newcastle-upon-Tyne, UK.
- Dr. Ivan Pinto Gold Medal for the DM degree examination. 1984
- Dr. Chunibhai Patel Gold Medal for the MD degree examination.
- N T Surveyor, S N Surveyor, K N Surveyor Memorial Scholarship for first rank in the MD degree examination.
- K K Datey Gold Medal.
- Jaswantsinghji Limdi Gold Medal.
- Dr. Latif Patel Prize.1982
- Best Resident, K E M Hospital, Mumbai.1982
- Dowager Lady Patkar Gold Medal for the MBBS degree examination.1978
- Pfizer Gold Medal in Medicine for the MBBS degree examination.1978
- Late Dr. Apte Memorial Prize.1978
- Ganesh Kurulkar Prize.1978
- Pandit Bhagwandin Dube & Mrs. Ramdulari Dube Scholarship in Medicine.1978
- Manorama V Hazrath Scholarship.1978